Thursday, February 14, 2008

I look back on the people I met while traveling the Antarctic regions, and today seems like a good day to reflect on what made them special. Life is so short, and one of the things that stands out about these people is that they aren’t afraid to live.

I mean to say that I admire people who follow their dreams, no matter how impossible they seem. They are people of Reasons Why, not people of Reasons Why Not.

They are connected—to each other, to the earth, to exploring.

They do what they do because they want to, not because they have to.

Here’s to all the dreamers, the believers,
the passionate, the lovers of life.






Happy Valentine’s Day.






2 comments:

Tom Hunter said...

Katie,
Happy [Late] Valentines day to you. I totally agree. Life is so so short and the people who take risks and do things--such as you--are the ones who truly live. You are a daily inspiration for me. You show me what can be done if only the mind wills it.

Tony Bulleid said...

Hi Kate
you write well and mix the personal (inner thoughts) with the exterior, I am enriched by taking the time to read and reflect on your travels and thoughts. Thank you for sharing.

Tony